Sunday, July 1, 2007

Paris at Dawn


Took an early morning drive around Paris and its historic monuments. Not quite as fast or cinematic as the classic car film "C'etait un Rendezvous" but a lot of fun nevertheless.


Crossing a bridge over the river Seine with Notre Dame in the background and entering the Place de la Concorde followed by a right turn onto the Champs Elysees. Notice the French motorcycle rider yelling "Welcome!" to his Los Angeles guests after noticing the California car on the Champs Elysees! We then enter l'Etoile and circled the Arc de Triomphe. Sorry for the bumpiness of the video but driving on cobblestones isn't the smoothest surface to film on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert

Great to see you doing this. We've had a blog going since October, as we travel around. I'll put a link to the guys on Myspace (i've got quite a few US friends now so i'm sure they'd be interested in what your up to.

We were at MINI UNITED and heard a rumour about some mad guy bringing his MINI over from the US. But we thought Nah.....

We'll its confirmed... You are a crazy, mad MINI maniac..

Keep on traveling mate and Enjoy!

Jax (from ChrisandJax at www.miniadventureworld.com)

Robert said...

Hi Jax,

I'll give your website a look!

Thanks for the kind words.

RB said...

Great read. Would love to do just what you are doing.

My wife and I loved Paris. We saw a guy riding his bicycle in heavy traffic at the Arch de Triomphe's roundabout a few years back, hands free. Crazy French.

If you need a place to stay in Holland let me know and I'll check with my daughter and her family In Hilversum Holland.

Thanks to Gabe at MotoringFile for the link.

RB

RB said...

Great read. Would love to do just what you are doing.

My wife and I loved Paris. We saw a guy riding his bicycle in heavy traffic at the Arch de Triomphe's roundabout a few years back, hands free. Crazy French.

If you need a place to stay in Holland let me know and I'll check with my daughter and her family In Hilversum Holland.

Thanks to Gabe at MotoringFile for the link.

RB

Robert said...

rb,

Thanks for the offer regarding lodging in Hilversum. I'll let you know if we'll be in need of a place to stay. In the meantime I hope you continue to enjoy my site.

Best regards,

Robert