Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Circus Maximus in Rome and Genesis

Spent the better part of the day at the Circus Maximus in Rome. We went not only to see the ancient location of chariot races and huge spectacles just south of the Roman Forum and Colosseum but also because the rock group Genesis was in-town for a concert. It was a unique opportunity to listen to the group perform with what must have been about 100,000 concert goers while surrounded by ancient ruins. A special evening, if not for the tough dusty and crowded conditions in the ancient venue.

I have more to post including pictures and video clips of the past two days but I'm still on a painfully slow mobile connection. Our next hotel will hopefully have normal broadband service.

2 comments:

Tim & Amanda said...

Wicked MINI, love the blog, another blogger like yourself! Wanted to know if its ok if We link your blog on Ours? Check it out! Mini Style

~ Amanda ~

Robert said...

Hi Tim & Amanda,

No problem with adding the link. I'm glad you're enjoying the site! I wish I could spend more time looking at your blog but my connection is really slow here in Rome. I look forward to coming back to your site when I have a regular broadband connection.

Ciao,

Robert