Sunday, July 8, 2007

Day of Rest

No real news today as the day was spent resting in Antibes since we've been on-the-go virtually from our arrival in Europe. The car took the day off as well. We have one more full day on the Cote d'Azur tomorrow and I thought it might be a good time take a drive up the scenic Route Napolean. Not sure if I'm up for the mileage yet so we'll see.



I snapped the photo above while waiting for clothes to dry at the laundry next to our hotel. This is the kind of parking that I see quite often in France and Italy that can give a "car guy" from California high anxiety...

4 comments:

RB said...

Been gone myself for a week here in SoCal. Went through your posts and what a great trip you are having. How have most greeted you and your California plates.

Robert said...

Hope you found someplace a little cooler to get a way to!

We still get a lot of curious looks when people notice the plates. Funny thing is that almost none of the Americans noticed the car at the port of Villefranche where the cruise ship tenders were docking. One gentleman did catch us at a stoplight and I was so absorbed with trying to figure out how to get from A to B that I initially didn't understand his question "So... where's the bridge?"

RB said...

Where's the bridge... Funny.

My wife and I actually went to the this race in Tracy, Sacramento area, called the 24 Hours of Lemons with a neighbor and his wife to see if he wants to retire his old Saturn with 240,000+ miles at this race next year. Temp was supposed to be near 95º but only hit 85º but very windy.

I am located in Altadena, above Pasadena, where are you from, I know it's somewhere in Ca. Do you belong to a MINI club? I'm currently in SCMM.

How long will you be overseas?

Love your travel log, I stop by daily, when in town.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Robert said...

rb,

Right now I'm splitting time between Whittier and L.A. I used to live up in Sacramento, but that was many years ago.

I'm not a member of SCMM although I've been aware of the group for a couple of years. DB of White Roof Radio just about had me take an oath to sign up when I get back.

I should be returning at the beginning of August and the car will probably follow about a month to six weeks later.