Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Hague, The Netherlands

Spotted!!!


Spotted by a Mini2.info reader while on the autobahn heading towards the Netherlands!

Well, we're back in Holland and begin our final week of L.A. MINI's "one lap" of Western Europe. It's been a great trip and now I've got to wrap things up and get ready to ship JCW MCS home and get Jennifer and myself on a plane back to Los Angeles. We'll probably try to rest a bit and JCW MCS will likely be used to visit family and friends before being dropped off at the port of Rotterdam.

I just noticed that we were spotted on the autobahn the other day.
Click on this link:
MINI2.info (site is in German!) to see the full text.


Also, http://www.bridgetogantry.com/ has published a small article about JCW MCS' visit to the Nuerburgring Nordschleife. Click on: http://bridgetogantry.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=4&limitstart=4 to see the article!

5 comments:

RB said...

I did finally connect with bridgetogantry or whatever it's called.

I've been having a helluva time with my beta version of Apple's Safari.

Robert said...

rb,

FYI: "Bridge to Gantry" is how public laptimes on the 'Ring are unofficially measured. Since each lap begins and ends in the staging area and all vehicles must exit the track, timing is done by two landmarks on the course near the beginning and end of the lap.

RB said...

I never knew that but the I have only passed by the track on my way to Koln area.

As I have said here before I hope you and jennifer have had a great time and that this trip was more than you had hoped for. I have enjoyed you "Ramblings". Maybe we'll see each other at a SCMM event.

RB said...

BTW... What is 897 all about?

Robert said...

rb,

It was great corresponding with you on this blog and I have enjoyed the opportunity to share the love of European travel with like-minded persons such as yourself. Keep an eye out for JCW MCS on the roads of Southern Calfornia and perhaps at a SCMM event in the future!

BTW, 897 is just part of the template I used to build the blog. I have no idea what it means...

Regards,

Robert