Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nuerburgring Nordschleife!





Photos courtesy of http://www.bridgetogantry.com/

One item marked on my "to do" list has always been to drive the fabled Nuerburgring in the Eifel Mountains of western Germany. Of course in my daydreams I drove my own car or motorcycle. Well, today that dream became a reality when JCW MCS turned four laps at the historic, famous, and notoriously long and dangerous racecourse. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on-track even though I didn't push the car that hard. Still, I've never seen that much brake dust on my wheels after such a relatively short drive! My concentration level was pretty high since I had to deal with learning the track (pretty much impossible in a few laps) and dealing with all the fast motorcycles and race-prepped supercars. I've done laps at the Nordschleife on the computer so I had a familiarity with the general layout but all the subtle camber changes and the real "sight picture" all needed to be processed. Also, the utmost desire to bring JCW MCS home to the USA in one piece kept my throttle foot in-check. Nevertheless, I won't soon forget my day at the 'Ring.









Entering the staging area
Parking Lot







Impressions of the Nuerburgring from the Staging Area

2 comments:

RB said...

Don't understand the BridgeToGantry 's way of protecting photos. Seems a tad harsh & ugly. Most photo services just put simple semi transparent lettering on their work. I tried the link but it didn't connect.

Robert said...

rb,

I'm going to try to get some better pictures up.

I just tried the link and it worked for me. Let me know if you still can't get on the site.

Robert