Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ferrari Challenge, California Speedway, Fontana California

F430 Challenge Car on track

Interview with a local newspaper reporter after returning from the lapping session on-track


The F355 Spider in good company


Today I had the opportunity to drive yet another racetrack... my third racecourse this summer. First was Zandvoort in the Netherlands, then the Nuerburgring in Germany, and today was the California Speedway east of Los Angeles. Jennifer also decided to join me for the day's events.

Ferrari had its annual Southern California round of the Ferrari Challenge, a race series for Ferrari F430 V8 cars. Supporting categories showcased the classic Ferrari racecars from earlier eras.

While at the track I had the chance to drive our F355 Spider for several laps with other Ferrari owners and enthusiasts. The event was a treat and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual.

Although my focus was on the Cavallino Rampante and all things Ferrari today, I couldn't help but notice that there were several MINIs in the parking lot as well!




Sights and Sounds and an in-car lap during the Ferrari Challenge at the California Speedway

2 comments:

RB said...

Hiya, Robert.

Kittie and I are back from MINIs In The Mountains. What a blast we had. Nice people, Beautiful place, Copper Mountain, CO, and we sold an amazing amount of products. We didn't get to do any runs as we her inundated with people buying our products but I was told the runs were great. We recommend this event to all.

Next week I'll have a full post on my blog.

BTW.... "ATSA NISA CAR!" MINI Home yet?

RB

Robert said...

Hi rb,

Glad to hear that MITM was a success as a journey and as a sales opportunity.

Perhaps I'll have to check it out next time. About the closest I got to the event was Denver International Airport...

The MINI is scheduled to sail from Rotterdam in early September. I'm going to share a container with another person who needs to get a car to L.A. This will help reduce the cost to get JCW MCS home.