Thursday, June 21, 2007

On the Ground In Amsterdam

Made it to the Netherlands on-time and ahead of the car. Turns out that there was no way to get the car released yesterday so I called off the plan to get to Oxford and stayed overnight in a hotel next to Schiphol. I just got off the phone with the shipping company and they have confirmed that the car has arrived with all the necessary paperwork. We are trying to get the car out quickly and hopefully direct from Schiphol instead of waiting to have the car delivered to the shipper's Rotterdam office. I'll have to pay some customs duties and I hope I'm not in for another $/€ shock....

In the meantime I anxiously await further instructions with the knowledge that I'm actually physically really close to the car. It hasn't been that way for quite awhile!

No comments: