Sunday, June 24, 2007

MINI United Personal Highlights



As a MINI enthusiast I couldn't be more pleased to be surrounded by some of the people that make the MINI what it is today. From left to right: Rauno Aaltonen, winner of the 1967 Rally Monte Carlo, Gert Hildebrand, Head of Design for MINI, me, Dr. Kay Segler, MINI worldwide managing director, and my sister Jennifer (also a MINI Cooper S driver).



I'll have much more to post about MINI United, but I thought I'd post a picture of a very special moment. If you've scrolled down through my blog you've noticed that I not only have a full JCW conversion, I also have the 225 HP Cooper Motorsport High Performance Derivative engine upgrade that was formerly available from John Cooper Motorsport. In the picture above I'm at my car with Michael Cooper, the son of John Cooper and principal of Cooper Motorsport (now a part of the BMW family).


It was a huge honor to have Mike Cooper take a picture with my car. He even noted the Ducati sticker on the rear and stated that he used to ride Ducatis! As the Mastercard advertisement states: Priceless!





I'm chatting about my car with Jim McDowell, Vice President of MINI USA (above). An exceptional individual and very nice guy as well. He and the MINI USA executives have an enthusiasm for the MINI brand as deep as the owners' own enthusiasm. I think we're in good hands back in the good 'ol US of A!



Jennifer and I also had the chance to meet Gert Hildebrand, chief designer for MINI and the main force behind the R56 MINI. Truely a nice gentleman with a constant smile on his face. Not just a car designer but a great enthusiast as well.

Sights and Sounds of MINI United 2007

The videos below were taken in the car corral/trackside/MINI Challenge garage area.







Sunday MINI Challenge Race and the Race Garage






Inside the MINI Urban Style Tour Double-Decker Bus on the upper level enjoying the tunes as MINI United 2007 winds down.



Does anyone know the name of the artist and the song title of the music playing on the Urban Style Tour bus?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your answer to the music question is as follow...

Drop the Pressure - Mylo Not sure of the album but i have hear it on club rotations all over the states!

Wicked Mini, Love the sound.

Chow,
Tim

Robert said...

Hey Tim... Thanks for the info! I hate havin' a song stuck in my head and not knowing the artist or title.

The MINI's sound is all thanks to John Cooper Motorsport.

Thanks!