Thursday, June 21, 2007

MINI On the Go In Amsterdam!


Jennifer and I picked up the MINI today. There was no way to get the car released in-time to get to Oxford but it felt really great be back in my own vehicle. I was able to drive the car off the pallet. Unfortunately the battery was too low to start the car, but a quick bump start got the engine going. The car was very low on fuel... so low that the service engine light was on... but after running the car for a bit we filled up at a local Shell station.

It was surreal to be in my car which is more at home on the roads of L.A. actually navigating around the streets of Amsterdam. We drove the A4 freeway and A10 to the Moevenpick Hotel in the center of the city. After unloading and checking in I met some of the MINI corporate staff and then went back down to the garage to clean the car after the rain ended. Jennifer took a credit card and cleaned the shipper's markings off the front windshield and we both wiped the grime off the car. The car then shined like the day I picked her up from Transhine Detailing in Whittier, California and I then came upstairs to write this quick report.

Lots more to come!



No comments: