Monday, February 4, 2008

Ducati Desmosedici unveiled!

I received an invitation to attend the unveiling of the Ducati Desmosedici on 2 February. This bike is THE closest thing to a race specific machine available for the street. It's like owning a Mclaren F1 car with turn signals. Very expensive and very rare, the bike will surely see more "museum" time than street time. 200+ horsepower, MotoGP tech aplenty, the Desmosedici is like nothing else on the road. About 1500 will be built and they are all spoken for.

Pro Italia Motors in Glendale, California, a longtime and respected Ducati dealer, unveiled the first U.S. customer bike. Rumors have it that Tom Cruise has also taken delivery...

Update 24 February 2008
Here is the official Pro Italia video of the Desmosedici unveiling (you get a glimpse of me in my Ducati MotoGP Race Team shirt ogling the bike):



Online Videos by Veoh.com

Anyway, I got a few grainy pictures and a short video on my phone:









1 comment:

RB said...

Did ya buy one? ;-) I'm sure you would if one were available.

Thanx for posting over at TwistyBitz.