Monday, February 18, 2008

Possible New Love?

What am I talking about? Well with me it is usually something mechanical and yes folks, a new motorcycle has caught my eye. The Ducati 1098R is quite a beast. 186 hp with the racing exhaust, traction control (the first for a production motorcycle), MotoGP and World Superbike technology aplenty, this is one serious machine. Expensive...yes. I've heard that it's going to run about $40,000.00 in the US. No small change but nevertheless I keep mulling the possibilities and keep checking the piggy bank. Hey, at least it costs less than the $72,000.00 Desmosedici and I think it is a helluva lot sexier looking too! Beauty, brains, brawn, and exclusivity (hmmm... where can I find a woman like that?): what's not to like? Dealers are taking orders now...


Ducati 1098R

The stock clutch cover would last about 5 seconds on my bike before I put something better looking on!

Image courtesy of Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.

No comments: