Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ducati: Campioni del Mondo!




2007 has been a great year to be a Ducati owner/fan! A little over a week ago Ducati clinched the MotoGP World Championship at Motegi Raceway in Japan with Australian rider Casey Stoner. All Stoner had to do was finish ahead of the great Valentino Rossi and the title was his. Loris Capirossi, the other accomplished Ducati factory rider, managed to take home the win and Ducati had reached the pinnacle of motorcycling motorsport! Bravo!



I've been to the factory several times, the most recent being this past summer with the MINI. I found this video of the early morning title race event that took place at the gates to the factory. Definitely more crowded than when I was there! It must have been a great day to be in Bologna, especially with all those Ducs on the streets making that wonderful v-twin desmo sound. Have a peek at the day's events:



I feel like gettin' on the bike now...

Top photo and video courtesy of Ducati

2 comments:

RB said...

I was expecting a lot more outta Nicky Haden!

Robert said...

Nicky sure had a rough year. He's a fighter and I'm sure he'll be back!