Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Abarth 500 in Salzburg, Austria

I've been on the road (and loving the Autobahn!) in Germany again for the past 13 days and began the trip with a few days in Salzburg, Austria. The Salzburg Conference Center was located directly next to my hotel and adjacent to the famous Mirabell Gardens in the heart of the city. I was walking through the Gardens and noticed what I thought to be a Fiat 500 sitting out in front of the conference center. Approaching from the rear of the car and noticing the aero skirt and dual exhaust pipes I knew that this car was something more than a "standard" Fiat 500. Sure enough, the car was a full-on Abarth performance model. I'd love to zip around in one of these in Southern California, but alas, no new Fiats or those snazzy Abarths in the USA... yet. Stay tuned.

I snapped some pics with my camera phone showing the details that set the exterior of the car apart from a common 500. Enjoy!









2 comments:

RB said...

would love to have one also. Would have been kool if you could have talked to the owner and got some seat time.

RB said...

BTW, very kool logo!