Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Old School Adrenaline Rush

I just watched an old music video favorite and thought I'd post it here since news has been a bit on the slow side lately. Van Halen's "Dreams" accompanied by the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels (flying the previous generation A4 Skyhawk and not the F/A-18 Hornet) has always been one of my favorites. I've never posted anything related to my aviation interests (many of you know that I am a private pilot) and the combination of Van Halen's music and the Blue Angels' flying prowess has always been an adrenaline rush. I'd listen to Dreams as a motivator before driving the Skip Barber Formula Dodge racecars back when I was on-track frequently. Anyway, here it is:



And here's a modern version of the same video with the Blue Angels flying the F/A-18. I'm always amazed that the pilots don't wear G suits! :


Music copyright: Van Halen. Video footage courtesy of the U.S. Navy.

For more on the Blue Angels please visit: http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/

No comments: