Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What next for the JCW MCS?

Well, I think that I'm 90% done with modding the car. Just a couple items to think about and these would be non-JCW items. Currently the only non JCW/JCM peformance parts on the car are the H&M 19mm anti-sway bar and the BMP/ProMINI Gauges. I really want to keep the car as close to John Cooper Works/Motorsport as possible but I'm very tempted to add some limited non-JCW/JCM upgrades in order to pull a few more ponies out of the engine.

1. 2% Crank Pulley. I think I'd go with the Webb Motorsports version.
2. Oil Catch Can. M7 has a really nice unit. Steve of Steve's Auto Clinic thinks this would be a good addition to my particular engine.
3. Schrick Cam.

My guess is that the cam and crank pulley would add between 10-15 HP to my bottom line HP. I need to see where I'm at power-wise by getting on a dyno, but I'd hope that if I go with this last round of mods I'd be somewhere in the 235-240 BHP neighborhood.

No comments: