Thursday, May 10, 2007

MINI United and Crazy Travel Planning

I haven't posted in quite awhile since I was in Europe for the past two weeks. While in the Netherlands I discussed with my sister plans to attend MINI United later in June. I had reserved a spots in the US group attending the event on the morning of my departure for Europe. My sister asked me why I didn't send my MINI to Holland... a crazy idea but one that grew on me during the succeeding days. Why not? Have my California car on the track at Zandvoort, Holland near my birthplace on my birthday, go to the Nuerburgring, and generally make a huge roadtrip around Europe. Truly the makings of a memorable trip if I can pull it off.

Well... I'm back in the US and I am scrambling to get the paperwork in order so that my car can be on a boat ASAP. Looks like I will need to ship overland to NYC first to ensure that my car makes it on-time to Amsterdam. So much to do and so little time!

Tonight I filled out a booking form for the shipping company. Tomorrow I'm off seeking a bit of sponsorship and arranging for overseas car insurance.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: