Sunday, April 13, 2008

Maserati Day at Ferrari/Maserati Beverly Hills



On Saturday, 12 April I was invited to drive the Maserati Granturismo (and Quattroporte GTS) by my friends at Ferrari/Maserati Beverly Hills. I've been eagerly awaiting this opportunity and the car did not disappoint. The event was elegantly organized and catered with wonderful Italian luxury goods on display when the guests weren't occupied with all the automotive engineering art all around.








Driving the Granturismo was quite easy. I thought the car's dimensions would be a little difficult to get used to but by two blocks I was comfortably rowing through the ZF auto transmission's Sport Paddleshift mode and maneuvering comfortably. Of course the stint behind the driver's wheel inside such an exquisite interior made me want more... and I look forward to the introduction of the Granturismo S with the the true manual paddle shift "Super Fast" gearbox out of the Ferrari 599 and the 440 hp 4.7 liter engine with revised suspension tuning. I can't wait for another drive!




The folks over at Beverly Hills put on a very nice event with some excellent gifts in the goodie bag we received as we left. I'll be sure to dogear the lovely Granturismo brochure and I'll be closely tracking the progress of the Granturismo S!

2 comments:

RB said...

Hey US peons test drive a Clubman you test drive a GranturismoThingy. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Very koool.

Robert said...

Hi rb,

I haven't even sat in a Clubman yet let alone test driven one!